Protecting our seniors
Throughout the term, Rick Chiarelli continues to work to improve the quality of life for seniors in our ward.
• Senior Anti-Fraud Information sessions are held at various times in different locations to help seniors protect themselves from fraud since they are often targets of unscrupulous schemers.
• Rick supports the objectives of the city's Older Adult Plan by, for example, installing benches on city streets where older adults are known to travel.
• The illegal rooming house by-law that Rick has been working on with community members over the past few years will not only help keep the character of our neighbourhoods but will also ensure that people like seniors who want to have a little extra income or want to have company in their homes can safely rent out rooms.
• Rick is participating in the initiative to provide free carbon monoxide detectors to seniors in our community. If someone you know would like one of these, please contact the office.
• Rick has heard from seniors and supports the move to ensure all future bike lanes are designed and placed with sensitivity to drivers and, particularly, senior drivers.